Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Lynda RTS Update 4: Buildings and Units are in place!

In preparation for my RTS class for Lynda.com, I've been working up different features.  In this case, I finished the ability for drones to add Command Bases.  And then for Command Bases to add more drones.  They cost, you have to have enough credits to buy them, and command bases start earning credit.



Please keep in mind, that as I'm building this, its not just haphazardly assembling the pieces.  I've been developing, redeveloping and refining every step of the way to keep the code small, simple, and easy to teach in isolated segments.  When this is done, I'll have a really solid Unity class that I hope will be really popular.


Again, if any designer is interested, I could use some better graphics/models.  :)  I could really use a far better looking 2D HUD, a drone, though the drones not too bad and a command base, which I *really* want to replace.  So far I've created all the artwork myself.  Finally figured out how to pain in blender (sort of) and extract the art work with the model (also sort of)  :).

No comments:

Post a Comment