Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Lynda RTS Update 5: AI Complete...

So I've finished the AI for the RTS.  At least as much as I had planned for the AI section(s).  The AI can choose between doing nothing, creating a base, creating a drone and sending a squad to attack.

After having let the AI run for a few minutes, I looked back and found it had developed a large base (about 15 bases) and had about 30 drones sent in to attack player 1.


On the mini map, you can see that the red player has expanded to cover about a third of the map.  Battle code is not in place, so it pretty much just swarms and multiplies.

The AI is a weighted list, that is evaluated about every 0.5 seconds (editable) and has a confusion of 0.   The confusion makes the AI less smart, at least less smart than it was programmed.

The AI code is a little more complicated than I would like, so I've already evaluated I'll take a third pass at the project, to help simplify it further and clean up the architecture a little more.

Assets Request:  I'm still hoping for a couple models to replace what I have.  If anyone is up for it, I would be happy to showcase your portfolio in the training videos.
 - Check out this link for more details.

 - Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment