Wednesday, September 23, 2015

November 14th, Learn about RTS's in Unity 3D @ MKE DOT NET

I'm officially a speaker at the MKE DOT NET conference in Milwaukee, WI on Saturday, November 14th.  The topic?  Real Time Strategy games in Unity 3D.  

MKE DOT NET

If you've been following this blog, you've seen my RTS work for Lynda.com.  I've completed an RTS for a training course and I'm working on improving it now.  That course will cover  multiple AI players, battles with explosions, unit and building creation, mini map, unit/building actions, unit/building information, resources, and more.  




As a taste of what is to come, I'll be speaking about the journey of creating an RTS in Unity.  The choices I made, the general order of creating things, how I was able to simplify areas down and of course, *some* of the code.  There will also be open Q&A.  

This course was a tall order, how to get an RTS broken down into not only 4 hours of coding, but 4 hours of teaching, so the viewer understands why we are coding and tips & tricks along the way.  The challenges were big, but the payoff has been great.  

I really hope to see you all there.  Register early for cheaper tickets.



No comments:

Post a Comment