Monday, February 29, 2016

Review: The Game Jam Survival Guide: Part 1

I'm still in the middle of reading The Game Jam Survival Guide, but I felt like posting an update on it.  How I feel inspired, and stopped working on games (for a moment).  :)


First, if you have any interest in game development, I recommend getting this book.  (so far. :) )

I've found it very inspiring.  While I've been part of very few game jams, I find my interests in attending in a game jam peeking again.  At first, I started working on another game concept, the 2D truck physics game, but after getting into hours 13-24, on a part for "Motivation techniques" (page 51) it brought up to share the work in progress and some reasons why.

Sharing the progress reminded me of what Codivore.com has been becoming in my head.  While I want Codivore to be an open community of training, where the community helps shape and define the training, the first feature I'm aiming for, is a quick way to post an article with a functioning Unity 3D WebGL game attached.  Its proven a pain within blogger.

I feel like getting Codivore to take over for the blogs before I jump into a 48 hour game jam.  I hope you enjoy it.  The book is inspiring my to finish more than just a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment